Its founder, José López Rivas, arrived in 1886 from the town of Algarrobo in Malaga, Spain, where he and his family cultivated fields with vineyards and olive trees. He decided to install his vineyards in the country and thus escape a devastating plague, phylloxera, which affected vines in Europe.
In 1898 it took root definitively in Mendoza, and the weight of the family winemaking tradition did not take long to emerge. In March, the production of its own wines from the best areas of the province began, produced to date with its own vines and a principle that has been maintained since then.
The entire process, from the planting of vines, harvest, elaboration, fractionation, distribution and internal and external marketing, is carefully controlled with state-of-the-art technological equipment, thus achieving highly satisfactory results.
It has 1,100 ha of its own vineyards distributed in 12 farms located in the Upper Mendoza River Valley, in the departments of Maipú and Luján de Cuyo, called First Zone, and in the Uco Valley, department of Tupungato.